Member for Ginninderra
Shadow Minister for Health
Shadow Minister for Arts
- SPIRE is dead: a decade on, Labor fails to deliver hospital expansion
- ACT Supreme Court Decision
- ACT Government took seven months to end employment of child sex offender
- Liberals welcome drive-through testing facility for Canberra
- ACT needs drive-through and home testing to fight spread of COVID-19
- Same old tired thinking will set hospital back
- Labor downplays internal leaking at Women and Children’s Hospital
- Health Minister laughs at long hospital waits
- Canberrans deserve better
- The Canberra Liberal’s new shadow ministry announced
Vicki was born in Lismore, NSW, and can trace her heritage back to the pioneering Italian families that settled near Lismore in the 1880s.
She studied at St Carthage’s School and St Mary’s College in NSW, before moving to the University of New England, Armidale, where she obtained a BA and Dip Ed studying languages and history. Since those early days, Vicki has been committed and active in community affairs. She has been involved in community radio for over thirty years, a commitment she keeps to this day as a weekend presenter for Canberra’s Radio for the Print Handicapped, 1RPH (1125 on the AM dial).
Vicki was a commonwealth public servant between 1979 and 1995, and served previous Chief Ministers of the ACT. Vicki is married and she and her husband Lyle have 5 children, ranging in age from 9 to 27 years. Her personal story has given her insights into the challenges facing many families.
Educating 5 children through both the government and non-government school systems, as appropriate to needs of each child, has shown her the strengths of each system.
Having 2 children with cystic fibrosis, she knows the pain of any need to wait to comfort a suffering child.
She has a strong interest and activity in local issues, such as her long term struggle for school communities against school closures, and her understanding and pursuit of environmental issues that can help every resident everyday.
To contact Vicki:
Phone: 6205 0283