Today the Canberra Liberals will move a motion of no confidence in Joy Burch, because now more than ever she needs to resign or be sacked as Minister in the ACT, Leader of the Opposition Jeremy Hanson said today.
“One year ago, on the first sitting day of 2014 I moved no confidence in Joy Burch. It’s very unfortunate that a year later I’m doing it again because of her further incompetence. Joy Burch has been embroiled in yet more avoidable fiascos and she needs to go,” Mr Hanson said.
“The list of Joy Burch’s blunders grows all the time. They include, but are not limited to:
- Changing the note limit acceptance for poker machines from $20 to $50, behind Andrew Barr’s back and to directly benefit the ACT Labor through its ownership of the Labor Clubs.
- Overseeing the traffic chaos on Tharwa Drive as Emergency Services Minister.
- Distributing Labor Club material to school students in ACT classrooms.
- Failings in care and protection services which left vulnerable children in homes with no heating and broken glass.
- Mismanagement of the education system resulting in safety issues and evacuations while schools continue to burst at the seams.
- Overseeing a culture of bullying and harassment at the CIT which has left many staff still suffering.
- The closure of the Womens Information Referral Centre in Civic and failing to provide adequate services for vulnerable women.
- Putting Nazi strippers on stage at the Multicultural Festival.
- Sending an offensive tweet describing federal education minister Christopher Pyne.”
“How much more incompetence do ACT taxpayers have to put up with from Joy Burch? She needs to resign as a Minister and if she doesn’t Andrew Barr should do the right thing sack her,” Mr Hanson concluded.