- DOUBLE FUNDING FOR THE TEACHER PROFESSIONAL LEARNING FUND
- BEHAVIOUR MANAGEMENT TRAINING FOR ALL PUBLIC SCHOOL STAFF
- COURSES FOR SPECIAL NEEDS EDUCATION
- TRAINING IN NEW PROGRAMS AND TECHNOLOGY FOR THE CLASSROOM
- ADDITIONAL TRAINING FOR THE NATIONAL CURRICULUM ROLLOUT
ACT Opposition Leader Zed Seselja and ACT Shadow Education Minister Steve announced today that if elected, a Canberra Liberals Government will double funding for the Teacher Professional Learning Fund to give ACT teachers better access to behaviour management training and general professional development. Mr Seselja said the Canberra Liberals understand that genuine opportunities for professional development will ensure that our teachers are at the forefront of their profession.
“We understand that a teacher’s desire to take advantage of professional development opportunities is a sign of a commitment to teaching and should be encouraged by the government,” Mr Seselja said.
“That’s why if elected; a Canberra Liberals Government would increase funding for the Teacher Professional Learning Fund by an additional $1.25 million to give all ACT teachers better access to behaviour management training and general professional development.”
Mr Doszpot said this extra funding will be used to provide professional training in areas such as:
- Behaviour management training for all public school staff
- Accredited learning courses for teachers to specialise in special needs education
- Training in new programs and technology for the classroom
- Additional training for the National Curriculum rollout.
“The Canberra Liberals value the work of our teachers, and want to give them every opportunity to excel and provide even better education to our children,” Mr Doszpot concluded.